It will depend on various factors, depending on your specific situation.

If they have a valid reason to fight the foreclosure, then you may want to work with them to get the sale rescinded, and get your money back as quickly as possible. Otherwise, if they do actually file a lawsuit, you will need to hire an attorney, though you could let the lender's attorney take the lead to minimize your expenses.

Did this answer your question?