You create a list using search criteria to find new customers and deals, identify possible opportunities, or explore local markets. PropertyRadar search criteria is powerful and unparalleled, giving you the control to grow your business in new ways with over 250 criteria. For a video overview, watch Discover a List of Potential Customers:
Using Discover, you select criteria to narrow search results and find potential customers. Once you're satisfied with your search results, you can make a list to organize, manage, and use them according to your business needs.
To Make a List
From the Main Menu, select Discover to use the Search and Layers panels to find information about properties and property owners.
Search is displayed by default. Using the Search for Properties panel, narrow-down results by choosing all the search criteria necessary to define the records you want.
Start by selecting a location where you want to search for properties & owners.
You can do one of the following to define a location:
- Enter a City, County, or ZIP Code in the text field at the top of the panel. Once you begin typing, results below are narrowed accordingly. Select the correct location from the Results.
- Select Location criteria using the Location categories.
- Use the Draw Location Criteria tools to draw a polygon, box, set a radius around a point, or use the entire map.
Define your search further using additional criteria selections.
In the Search for Properties panel, add more criteria in the following ways:
- Quick Lists: Pre-selected criteria make it easy to find lists for the market in which you're interested.
Click Quick Lists to view the criteria category headings; then click the category of your interest. Drill-down until you get to the criteria you want, then click Add Criteria. You can modify Quick Lists to meet your needs by removing criteria, as explained below.
- Type a Criteria Term: Quickly find a specific criteria from the 250+ available.
At the bottom of the Search for Properties panel, type the term you want in the Find a Criteria textbox. Once you begin typing, results below are narrowed accordingly; select the correct criteria from these results.
- Click Criteria Categories: Look though the various categories to find the criteria you want.
Click a category to drill-down and find the individual criteria. The main categories include: Location, Quick Lists, Property, Owner, Value & Equity, Property Tax, Mortgage, Foreclosure, Transfer, Listing, My Data, and Criteria from My Lists. You may need to open sub-categories.
Then select/define the criteria you want, and click Add Criteria.
Make a List Example
As you select criteria, the Discover window changes to reflect your selections:
- The number of properties shown in the Discover toolbar changes, adding criteria narrows-down the number of records.
- Your criteria are shown in the Criteria selection box.
- The properties are displayed to the right of the Search for Properties panel.
Remove criteria by either:
- Clicking the X in the Criteria selection box for the specific criteria you want to remove.
- Removing all criteria in the Criteria selection box at once, by clicking the X outside the box, to the left of the results number.
Click View to display the results of your criteria selections in either Map View, Grid View, Card View, or Split View.
Click on a property to view the Property and Owner Profile.
Once you are satisfied with the criteria you select, you can (but don't have to) click the Make List button.
- Type the name of your new List, (you can optionally select the checkbox to Add Monitoring, Insights & Automations), then click the Create button.
- If you made a list using your search criteria results, it is displayed in the main window, and you can find your new list in My Lists.
If you do not make a list, the selected criteria is not saved.
Layers Help You Find New Opportunities
Research new ways to create business using the Layers panel in Discover. View the entire market in different ways, to find different opportunities. Layers are superimposed on the Map View. Zoom in and out on the map to get a "bird's eye" view of the market.
Viewing Layers in the Map View
You can select to view one or both layers.
Select the Heatmap checkbox; then select from the Heatmap menu options to overlay the indicated characteristics of the property on the map.
For example, select Est. Value to see the area's residential properties shaded according to the estimated property value.
Scroll in the menu to select from the available list of Heatmap layers.
Select the Boundary checkbox to view lines drawn on the map for the boundary you select.